Sunday, May 08, 2005

The cry of the Dance Bar Girls.....


Bar Dancers from all around Mumbai, gathered at the Azad Maidan in Mumbai to protest against the recent ban from the Government of Maharashtra to shut down the dance bars that operate in Maharashtra.

Seen in this picture are a few bar dancers standing and shouting in unity. If you look closely, Rekha (name changed) has a Nokia 6600 phone! For one, thats the phone I have. I love it. I have always been a fan of Nokia phones and when I felt this in my hand, I knew I wanted it. Camera, Bluetooth, Infra-Red, Real Media Player, MP3 player,expandable memory and thousands of other applications all over the web which can be downloaded and run in this phone. You name it, this phone got it. I still remember the day, when I was going through the process of buying this phone. It was a hefty 15 grands. I spent two days trying to think if I could afford this phone and whether I should actually spend this much. I bought it, and I am so happy I did.

Err...Sorry..coming back to the Bar dancer story...

Government's Stand: Dance bars encourage prostitution and illegal activities. They are against our culture and are spoiling the young generations

Bar Dancer Association Stand: 75,000 of us are going to lose our jobs. No alternate work arrangements.

My Stand: Oh hell yeahh....If I am fired from a job that lets me afford phones like these with ease. I would probably scream harder than they are right now.

1 comment:

Brightside said...

Dude, Considering that Mishra was ex-military, there is a chance of a revolution here. We can call it the "Dance Bar Revolution of 2000s".;)