Thursday, February 22, 2007

Colbert goes Bollywood

So the third gig on Bollywood in three weeks, Stephen Colbert has certainly found an unusual territory to pick on compared to typical American daily or night show standards. Hilariously, all three of them talk about Amitabh Bachchan and what you see in these three videos is the perfect example of Colbert's comedy.

Now, I have been sharing these videos with a lot of friends in the past few weeks, and have more or less had one of the following reactions, I call them Reactions A, B and C

A.This is the typical American mentality!...It's an insult to Bollywood and India!
B.This only shows that the world is waking up to the magic of Bollywood.
C. This is F***** FUNNY!!!...I laughed my ASS out!

Have you seen these gigs? No? Why don't you do that right now and then scroll to the bottom of the post. Thanks.








So what's your reaction? A, B or C? Or may be you are a D.

Let me say this though, I am Reaction C. I have spent countless hours in the last few weeks arguing with the As and Bs, and I don't want to write about it here.

BUT...

I will intelligently point out why I am C, if and only if you give me an intelligent explanation about why you are A or B. And I will do this not because I want to impose my thoughts on you, but only because I just haven't had a single logical and thoughtful reasoning about why this is an insult to India or even an instance to be joyful about for that matter.

1 comment:

the_elcid said...

i think ill go with C.
his pronunciations was good fun.