Friday, July 22, 2005

USPS messes up


This has to be one of the sickest displays of postal accuracy that I have seen.

The scanned image that you see above is that of an envelope which I had to mail out to Radhika. All of you would agree with me that my handwriting on there is legible if not neat. Like any mailer would, I conveniently jotted the 'To' and 'From' addresses.
I mailed this out on monday morning, and to my shock i get the envelope back in my mail on Tuesday! I tried to examine the envelope, making sure I had the right postage affixed and if there were any other discrepancies.

But no!...it's just a mailing office error....I am still trying to figure out the reason for this. I see no reason whatsoever in why any mailer in the world would drop this envelope to the 'From' address, which, as a matter of fact is simply scribbled on such a small corner of the envelope?

Any answers? ....guesses?...words of wisdom?

4 comments:

Menagerie said...

hey vikram, nice blog! this could happen because you wrote the 'To' address above the 'from' while UPS scanners read them vice versa, so you should put your name on the top corner and the 'To' address in the middle! :)

Rakesh Pai said...

Nooo! You still use snail mail?

vik said...

sml...Thanks for your kind words about my blog :)
i know what you are saying, But I swear I have always alligned 'To' and 'From' this way in all the mails I sent out...I never never had a problem. In any case, I just think its idiotic if just writing on a different corner of the envelope just changes your destination address!

Anonymous said...

if the mail scane by human this would not happen, but if electronic scaner read it it may make this mistake, that too is human error